Would you like to support the Mercy?
The Mercy Hospital Foundation is raising funds for the Mercy University Hospital to purchase state-of-the-art equipment, to enhance and develop services and to help Hospital staff in providing a world-class service in a world-class hospital. You can see the different ways your help has supported the Hospital last year here.
23rd October @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday, October 23rd 2021
The annual Fort2Fort Charity Cycle is back this year on Saturday October 23rd!
This year’s Fort 2 Fort Charity Cycle takes place on Saturday, October 23rd and will raise funds for the Mercy University Hospital Foundation, four Cork City and County Lions Clubs, and Camden Fort Meagher Restoration.
With 4 different routes to choose from, refreshments along the way and incredible views of Cork Harbour, the second largest natural harbour in the world, the 2021 Fort 2 Fort Charity Cycle is not to be missed!
If you need any more convincing, check out the video below of incredible footage of what you can expect!
All routes start and end at Camden Fort Meagher. Please note that all routes have some changes to them for the 2021 Fort2Fort Charity Cycle. Please familiarise yourself with them. View our routes here including the Couch-40KM:
*Please note that purchases made for this Commemorative Jersey will not guarantee collection on the day, but will be available at a later date.
You may still register on Friday, October 22nd from 4-8 pm in the Radisson Blu, Little Island for €55 or on Saturday, October 23rd from 7.30am in Crosshaven GAA Club for €60. Each participant must register separately and agree to the Terms and Conditions of the event.
All cyclists must sign in prior to the cycle to receive their event number and emergency contact details! Sign-in will be available at the registration desks on Friday October 22nd from 4-8pm in the Radisson Blu, Little Island and from 7:30am at Crosshaven GAA Club on the morning of the cycle.
If you have already registered online: Please ensure you have a copy of your receipt email and bring it with you to SIGN IN. You can sign in for a friend only if you have their printed Receipt email.
Please note the location for Fort2Fort Administration on the day of the event is at Crosshaven GAA Club. This area is 2 to 3 minutes approximately from the Start line Location Map: http://bit.ly/2mo9iFb. Stewards will be on hand to direct you.
Registration (€60 on Saturday) and Sign In will finish at 9.00am sharp.
At SIGN IN you will receive the following:
- Your Event number for your bike and helmet with chip timing (You must attach to the left-hand side of your helmet.)
- Emergency & Breakdown numbers
- Event Souvenir
* We strongly recommend that cyclists arrive as early as possible on the morning of the cycle to avoid any possible delays. Each route will start on time from Camden Fort Meagher.
Parking can be located close to Camden Fort Meagher, at Crosshaven GAA Club grounds and the Crosshaven AFC grounds. Please do not obstruct parking around residential housing. Stewards will be there to assist you.
IMPORTANT: NO CARS WILL BE ALLOWED UP TO CARPARK AFTER 9.15AM AS THE CYCLE STARTS AT 9.30 AM, THIS IS FOR THE SAFETY OF CYCLISTS. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY.
There is a food stop at Bramley Lodge for the 65km, 85km and 120km. There will not be any refreshments before or after the event in Camden Fort Meaghar as it is still closed due to the Covid-19 Restrictions.
ALL PARTICIPANTS PLEASE NOTE:
* There is no personal insurance cover for this event, we strongly recommend you get your own personal cover.
* Each event will be opened by the LEAD BIKE.
* Participants MUST NOT begin their event ahead of the LEAD BIKE as the route will not be OPEN. This means that there will be no marshals, no medical cover, no support vehicles, no food or water stops and critically, will not be covered by the Event Insurance.
* Your event number with your chip timing must be worn on your bicycle saddle stem and on the left-hand side of your helmet at all times during the event.
* A hard shell cycling helmet is compulsory for every participant.
* We ask all participants to remember that this event is being run on open roads and the rules of the road apply at all times. All participants are responsible for their own safety and participate at their own risk.
* Please ensure that your bicycle is in a roadworthy condition (correctly working brakes, gears etc.) and that your wheels are fully inflated. Please bring a pump, spare tubes and puncture repair kit.
* Bring a sense of fun, enjoyment and achievement, this is your day and you have worked hard to be here.
The Charities & Sponsors
All of the funds raised will go directly to Cork Lions Club projects, the Mercy Hospital Foundation and the Fort Meagher Restoration Fund.
Mercy University Hospital Foundation
Lions Clubs of Cork