Fort2Fort – Terms & Conditions
Please read the terms below carefully. Entrants to the Fort2Fort Charity Cycle will be deemed to have acknowledged and accepted these rules during their registration.
- Each cyclist understands that Fort2Fort does not offer personal insurance for the Fort2Fort event.
- Each cyclist takes full and complete responsibility for any injury or accident which may occur while I am traveling to or from the event, during the event or while I am on the premises of the event.
- Each cyclist must assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effect of weather, traffic, and conditions of the road.
- Each cyclist and anyone acting on their behalf waive, release and forever discharge the event organisers, sponsors, promoters, charities and all other persons associated with the event, for all my liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that I may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event. I understand that this includes any claims, whether caused by negligence, the action or inaction of any of the above parties, or otherwise.
- We strongly recommend each cyclist organises their own personal insurance for the event.
- All entrants must be 18 or over on the cycle day.
- The closing date for online registration is Friday the 28th of July at 2pm Sharp.
- Participation in the event is at the cyclists’ own risk. We strongly recommend each cyclist organises their own personal insurance.
- All entrants accepts that this event is primarily a fundraising Cycle for the named organisations and is not a race.
- The starting point of the event for all routes is Camden Fort Meagher between 9.30am and 10am. All Cyclists agree to start at the designated start line at the designated time for your route and will not start at any other location along the route.
- Each cyclist, upon registration agrees they are physically and mentally capable of the riding the route chosen by cyclist during registration.
- Fort2Fort reserves the right to alter the published route at any time in the event of an accident or for the safety and well being of cyclists.
- Each cyclist hereby understands and acknowledges that all fees/donations, charity pledges and any associated costs, paid to the Fort2Fort and/or the Mercy Hospital Foundation are non-refundable under any circumstances including but not limited to injury, illness, weather related and /or a scheduling conflict.
- Fort2Fort reserves the right to cancel the cycle, due to extreme weather conditions of Force Majeure or due to a major accident / incident. In such an event, each participant’s registration fee and voluntary donations (if any) will be automatically moved to the rescheduled event. No refunds of registration fees or voluntary donations will be issued.
- Each cyclist hereby understands and acknowledges that it is their responsibility and obligation, if they register another cyclist to inform that other cyclist of the Terms & Conditions accepted on their behalf.
- All entrants must ‘sign in’ and collect their cycle number in person during the following time slots:
- Friday 28th July 4pm-8pm in the Radisson Blu in Little Island
- Saturday 29th July 7.30am-9am in Crosshaven GAA clubhouse.
- You may sign in and collect another entrants cycle number if they have already accepted the terms and conditions online and you have the confirmation emails sent to the entrant.
During the Cycle:
- The course is lead by a lead car – no cyclists is to overtake the lead car
- All entrants accept that they must fully comply with all the rules of the road whilst cycling and more importantly, show respect to fellow cyclists, other road users, marshals, stewards, the broom wagon and any other volunteers on the day.
- All participants must obey the instructions of the Garda and Event Stewards at all times.
- Any cyclist considered to be riding dangerously or breaching any of the above terms will be stopped from riding the event.
- It is mandatory that all participants wear a hard shell cycling helmet for the cycle.
- The cyclist confirms all bicycles and equipment used in the event are road worthy at the time of the event.
- Bike and Helmet stickers must be shown clearly by each entrant on the day. These will guide marshals and stewards direct you on the correct route and are also used to identify you in the event of a accident.
- Each cyclist will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the cyclist. This includes, but is not exclusive to Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Rescue service.
- Cyclists are asked to follow all instructions by Marshalls/Stewards/Volunteers on the day
- Cyclists are responsible for the safety and security of their own bicycles. Fort2Fort does not accept any liability for damage or theft of bicycles.
- All participants are responsible for their own safety and participate at their own risk.
- Fort2Fort officials or the medical or emergency services may stop any cyclist from continuing the cycle for any reason including medical and safety.