Terms & Conditions:
The Organisers (Make Your Mark on Cancer) and the Mercy Hospital Foundation reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. In the event that any changes are made, the revised terms and conditions shall be posted on this website immediately. Please check the latest information posted herein to inform yourself of any changes.
Each participant understands that the Make your Mark on Cancer Charity Walk does not offer personal insurance for the event and understands and agrees as following:
- I take full and complete responsibility for any injury or accident which may occur while I am traveling to or from the event, during the event or while I am taking part in the event.
- I must assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effect of weather, and conditions of the sea/where-ever I am participating.
- I and anyone acting on my behalf waive, release and forever discharge the event organisers, sponsors, promoters, charities and all other persons associated with the event, for all my liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that I may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event. I understand that this includes any claims, whether caused by negligence, the action or inaction of any of the above parties, or otherwise.
- Mercy University Hospital Foundation Cork CLG strongly recommend each participant organises their own personal insurance for the event.
Your safety is of paramount importance:
- Before registering for the walk, you must be fit to participate, seeking medical advice before you do so if appropriate. You should not enter the walk unless you are medically able and suitably prepared and trained to do so.
- You must abide by all government guidance aimed at preventing the transmission of the Covid-19 virus.
- You must not take photographs or videos of other participants, their family members or children under the age of 18 without their families consent.
Please ensure that you do the following during the walk:
- I accept that they must fully comply with all the rules of the road whilst walking and more importantly, show respect to fellow walkers and other road users on the day.
- I accept the Make Your Mark walk number must be shown clearly on the day.
- I accept that I am fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by me. This includes, but is not exclusive to Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Rescue service.
- I accept I am responsible for my own safety and participate at my own risk.
The organisers reserve the right to change the format, date and time of the Swim or to cancel it, in whole or in part, without notice or liability to you. We will notify participants of changes via our website and social media.