Fort2Fort – Terms & Conditions
Please read the terms below carefully. Entrants to the Fort2Fort Charity Cycle will be deemed to have acknowledged and accepted these rules during their registration.
- Each cyclist understands that Fort2Fort does not offer personal insurance for the Fort2Fort event.
- Each cyclist takes full and complete responsibility for any injury or accident which may occur while travelling to or from the cycle location, during your cycling.
- Each cyclist must assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effect of weather, traffic, and conditions of the road.
- Each cyclist and anyone acting on their behalf waive, release and forever discharge the event organisers, sponsors , promoters, charities and all other persons associated with the event, for all my liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that I may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event. I understand that this includes any claims, whether caused by negligence, the action or inaction of any of the above parties, or otherwise.
- We strongly recommend each cyclist organises their own personal insurance for the event.?
- All entrants must be 18 or over on the day they start their cycle
- The closing date for online registration is X
- Participation in the event is at the cyclists’ own risk. We strongly recommend each cyclist organises their own personal insurance.
- All entrants accepts that this event is primarily a fundraising Cycle for the named organisations and is not a race.
- Each cyclist, upon registration agrees they are physically and mentally capable of the riding any route/distance chosen by cyclist during registration.
- Each cyclist hereby understands and acknowledges that all fees/donations, charity pledges and any associated costs, paid to the Fort2Fort and/or the Mercy Hospital Foundation are non-refundable under any circumstances including but not limited to injury, illness, weather related and /or a scheduling conflict.
- Fort2Fort reserves the right to cancel the cycle, due to extreme weather conditions of Force Majeure or due to a major accident / incident. In such an event, each participant?s registration fee and voluntary donations (if any) will be automatically moved to the rescheduled event. No refunds of registration fees or voluntary donations will be issued.
- Each cyclist hereby understands and acknowledges that it is their responsibility and obligation, if they register another cyclist to inform that other cyclist of the Terms & Conditions accepted on their behalf.
During the Cycle:
- All entrants accept that they must fully comply with all the rules of the road whilst cycling and more importantly, show respect to other road users.
- It is mandatory that all participants wear a hard shell cycling helmet for the duration of your cycle.
- The cyclist confirms all bicycles and equipment used in the event are road worthy at the time of the event.
- Each cyclist will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the cyclist. This includes, but is not exclusive to Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Rescue service.
- Cyclists are responsible for the safety and security of their own bicycles. Fort2Fort does not accept any liability for damage or theft of bicycles.
- All participants are responsible for their own safety and participate at their own risk.
- Fort2Fort organisers reserve the right to impost new conditions for entry to the Virtual cycle
- Cyclist agrees that they will abide by all Government Guidelines and HSE advice while participating in Virtual Fort2Fort
- Any Cyclist experiencing Covid19 symptoms or anyone who has been advised to self isolate will obey Government Guidelines, Medical professionals advice and will not take part if they have advised not to.
- Cyclists must adhere to all social Distancing guidelines while cycling as part of the Virtual Fort2Fort